The snapshot that was taken in the previous stage of the launch timeline has been analyzed and confirmed. What goes into the genesis blocks, and where that information is pulled from will have to be agreed upon. This will enable groups to validate the work of the Boot node, to ensure that byte-for-byte, the chain is exactly as it should be.
The interim Constitution has been agreed to by multiple Block Producer Candidates, and the governance Ricardian Contracts have been updated as needed. These, and more, will all have to be agreed upon before being put on-chain.
With Block.one wanting to ensure that the community is in control of the source code, a community-controlled GitHub repository was established, the EOS-Mainnet repository where the snapshot is stored. Block Producer Candidates should be pulling from this repository for the most up-to-date contents.
Stay tuned for the next EOS launch live update!
EOS Mainnet Launch Timeline
- Crowdsale of EOS Tokens is Now Closed
- Block.one Releases EOSIO v1.0
- EOS ERC-20 Smart Contract Frozen & Snapshot is Taken
- Community Agrees on the Contents of the Chain
- Community Verifies the Contents of the Chain
- Chain is Launched and Open For Voting
- 15% of All Tokens Have Been Cast