- What personal information is collected from you through the Website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared and disclosed.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your personal information.
- The security procedures in place to protect your personal information.
- How you can access and correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
How does the Company collect personal information?
We collect personal information from you when you provide information directly to us, for example, when you access and use the Website, contact us or subscribe to our newsletter.
What kind of personal information does the Company collect?Examples of personal information we collect and use are:
- Contact information, such as full name, mailing address and email address
- Demographic information
- Personal information that you provide to us when you contact us or make any other inquiry
How does the Company use personal information?We use personal information to:
- Verify your identity and the information that you provide to us
- Provide access to the Website
- Administer, troubleshoot, enhance and manage the Website
- Analyze and understand the usage, accuracy and effectiveness of the Website
- Send you our newsletter
- To administer surveys and contests that we may run from time-to-time
- Meet obligations as required by applicable laws
- Responding to inquiries and other communications to the Company
- Other purposes that we identify to you from time-to-time.
Does the Company automatically collect technical data, and why?
We automatically collect certain technical data when you visit and use the Website.
Technical Data: When you access and use the Website, we may automatically collect certain technical information about your visit, including the date, time, browser type, your internet service provider, your IP address, device information (including device identifiers), geo-location information, computer and network performance data, the URL that you are coming from and your navigation history in order to improve the Website and for analytics and research purposes.
Cookies and similar technologies: We use “cookies”, scripts, pixels, web beacons and other similar technologies on certain pages of the Website. This includes tracking pixels of Segment, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Facebook and/or Twitter. These technologies automatically collect data from a visitor to the Website. They help us recognize repeat visitors, personalize the Website and communications and tailor content to match particular interests. We also use these technologies to track Website usage trends and patterns.
You are always free to decline or opt-out of cookies. If you decline “cookies” or delete them from your computer, you will still be able to access our Website, but you may find that some areas do not work as smoothly as when cookies are enabled on your system.
Does the Company disclose personal information?
We do not disclose or share personal information that we hold to third parties except in the following circumstances:
Required by Law: We will disclose personal information in our custody when we believe that the disclosure is required by law, including to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us and when we receive a request from law enforcement authorities. The Company will only disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities upon demonstration of lawful authority.
Investigations: We may disclose personal information where it is reasonable for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the law that has been, is being or is about to be committed and it is reasonable to expect that disclosure with the knowledge or consent of the individual would compromise the investigation.
Fraud: We may disclose personal information where it is reasonable for the purposes of preventing, detecting or suppressing fraud and it is reasonable to expect that the disclosure with the knowledge or consent of the individual would compromise the ability to prevent, detect or suppress the fraud.
Business Transaction: We may disclose and share your personal information to explore and/or undertake a corporate transaction, including a merger, acquisition, amalgamation, IPO, reorganization or sale of the Company and/or the Website. We will enter into an agreement that ensures that your personal information will be used and disclosed solely for the purposes related to the transaction, will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information and will be retained only for as long as necessary.
Does the Company aggregate personal information?
We will aggregate (i.e. assemble on a basis that does not enable one to personally identify you) certain information we collect from you, including any technical data we automatically collect. Aggregated or “de-identified data” means information that does not identify an individual and is no longer considered “personal information”.
If we share aggregated data with third parties, such as our partners, personal information will not be individually identifiable in the aggregated data.
How does the Company store and safeguard personal information?
The Company is committed to data security and protects personal information through integrated physical, technological and administrative safeguards. In particular,
- Personal information is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the level of sensitivity of the data through (i) physical measures, such as secure areas; (ii) technical measures, such as encryption and secure servers; and (iii) organisational measures such as access policies based on the need-to-know and employee security through vetting and supervision.
- Personal information is retained only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or transferred.
It is important to understand that we will undertake every reasonable precaution to safeguard your personal information. However, if a data breach occurs, we will notify you in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and will comply with all legal requirements to mitigate any harms resulting from such a breach.
Does the Company transfer personal information?
The Company may transfer personal information to a third-party service provider outside of your jurisdiction of residence. In the event that your personal information is transferred abroad, the government, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies of that jurisdiction may be able to obtain disclosure of the data through the laws of that jurisdiction.
Location of Personal Information
We store personal information with Hubspot, which hosts data in U.S. based data centers.
What are my privacy rights?
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information that we have about you; and
- Request that incorrect or incomplete data is rectified
We will respond to your request within one month, free of charge, unless the request is excessive, complex or unfounded. We will notify you if we require an extension and may charge a reasonable fee to cover administrative costs. If we refuse the request, we will provide justification.
If you notice any inaccuracies or wish to update any part of your personal information, we will rectify the information as necessary. We will provide rectification as soon as possible within one month. If we refuse the request, we will provide justification.
How do I opt-out of receiving communications or newsletters?
In the event that you wish to unsubscribe from receiving promotional email communications and/or our newsletter, you may opt-out by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email/newsletter that we send to you or by contacting us by email.
300-481 Ave Viger W Montreal, QC H2Z 1G6 Canada